Great Plains Disposal, LLC
|Posted on May 4, 2020 at 2:15 PM||comments (109)|
Due to the Corona Virus, people are staying at home and either remodeling or cleaning out their houses. It seems like a good time for it! However, this is normally our busy time of the year anyway. So, we do have about a 3-5 day wait time right now. Sometimes, we can squeeze one in, so it is important to get your name on the waiting list, and we will call as soon as we have one available.
- Due to the Covid 19, we are running a little bit slower, so the drivers have more time for sanitizing and ensuring a clean work place. Obviously, being around trash, we want to keep our trucks and drivers sanitized. This process has to be done multiple times per day due to the proximity with materials that have been around multiple individuals. With that being said, this process has only slowed us down a little bit.
-Busy time of year. This is the busy time of year for us, as this is when most projects/construction/city cleanups start to occur.
-Weather. The amounts of rain and the weather does slow us down this time of year. The landfills get extremely muddy this time of year, and that can slow us down significantly.
That being said. We are continuing to operate at full capacity. Give us a call, and we will get you a container as soon as we can. If you know that you have a project going on later on. Go ahead and call now and reserve your container for that day. That is the best way to ensure you get your container when you need it.
|Posted on March 26, 2020 at 10:00 AM||comments (33)|
With the corona virus across the country, we are taking steps to limit our drivers with contact with people. We are still running, and we will continue to do so, since we are an essential service. We provide containers for hospitals and other vital industries, so our trucks will continue to run. However, along with the heavy amounts of rain, our route times may be delayed to do our extra precautions.
Some people that have been staying home from work have used this time to clean out their junk or to start their remodeling project. Feel free to give us a call for a waste container. The weather has been remarkably nice the past few days, so it is a good time to be outside and get some exercise after this past winter.
|Posted on February 6, 2020 at 3:50 PM||comments (32)|
|Posted on January 6, 2020 at 2:25 PM||comments (25)|
Loading a container tips.
Do not load over the maximum height of the container. The driver will either have to leave which will result in an additional charge. The driver will have to throw some of the waste out which will result in an additional charge.
We know you want to get your money's worth. However, you cannot load waste above the height of the container. We set our pricing with volume and weight in mind. If you load the container above the height then you are negating our cost analysis.
Also, the tarp is designed to run right next to the side of the container (less than an inch,) so if waste is hanging over the side, then the container cannot be tarped. If the waste is over the maximum height of the container then the tarp will not completely cover the load. It will also damage/rip the tarp, which is a very unnecessary expense. Enjoy some of these NO NO photos.
|Posted on December 9, 2019 at 10:45 AM||comments (20)|
December is here. Thanksgiving is over with, and the Christmas and New Year are coming. This time of year is usually the least hectic for us, as everyone is focusing on the holidays rather than remodeling or cleaning. Businesses usually don't schedule too many roll offs for December, as they don't want anymore expenses for the fiscal year.
However, if you do need/want a waste container, then this is a good time to get one for a few reasons.
1. The schedule is not as hectic as normal.
2. The container can usually be left on site for longer than the 2 week standard without rental fees.
3. The ground is usually frozen, so the truck/container will not damage the grass/ground like the warmer months.
4. Since the schedule is not as hectic, feel free to talk to the driver longer with all of your questions. Remember... We don't hire rookies, so our drivers have years in the industry.
5. Time/day can be pretty precise this time of year.
This time of year is to be focused on family, relaxing, and looking forward to start the new year. If you feel the need to work, then feel free to contact us for a waste container.
Contact Anthony @ 620-795-2049 or email [email protected]
|Posted on November 7, 2019 at 1:00 PM||comments (32)|
Cooler temperatures are here! This time of year is a good time to finish all of your projects before winter arrives. Container availablilty is usually pretty good around this time, so the wait time should be small, if any. If you need a container around Thanksgiving, however, you need to schedule sooner rather than later, as that time of year is usually pretty busy.
|Posted on September 3, 2019 at 3:15 PM||comments (625)|
A new batch of containers arrived on the 30th of August, and they are ready for orders. Give us a call at 620-795-2049 to schedule a temporary or permanent setting container for your residence or business!
|Posted on June 20, 2019 at 3:00 PM||comments (18)|
Summer is coming! This is the most efficient time to order a rolloff container, as we no longer need to worry about flooding (hopefully!)
Depending on your needs, you can email us at [email protected] to inquire about a rolloff. This is a good idea if your work schedule cannot allow you to call us during normal business hours. We are usually pretty prompt on reponding to emails.
If it is during normal business hours, feel free to call or leave a message if no one answers. We will get back with you as soon as we can.
|Posted on May 16, 2019 at 2:20 PM||comments (1220)|
Along with spring season, comes time for projects! Some helpful tips for this upcoming spring:
* Make sure you have your container date scheduled as soon as you can.
* Keep in mind that the weather affects us too. Torrential downpours create havoc at the landfills, so our trucks may not have fast turnarounds in poor weather.
* Not everyone can have the first slot of the day. Try a different time of day to have your container delivered.
* Make sure to check the area where you want the container to be placed. Our office staff and drivers will automatically check these things. Here are some things that we check for: overhead trees, underground lines, septic systems, the firmness of the ground, overhead power lines. Keep in mind, that although the container may find a nice spot, we need to ensure the truck can get out as well.
|Posted on May 16, 2019 at 2:20 PM||comments (3713)|
The weather is cooperating, so the time to start your project is now! This time of year can be a little hectic predicting the weather, but at least it beats the heat! Give us a call @ 620-795-2049 to order your container.